I’m scripting this guide to assist fellow eBayer’s identify counterfeit Salvatore Ferragamo belts. I’ve observed that counterfeiters from all over the world are producing better quality replicas by focusing their energies on the small details. With better replicas, eBay deal seekers are now at a better risk of shopping for a knock off.
I’m totally conscious that this guide may get in the flawed palms, but am nonetheless publishing this guide because I wished there was some kind of reference for me to find out between actual and faux Ferragamo belts. So as a substitute of telling you precisely what to search for, I have used footage of authenitc and faux belts aspect by facet that clearly show the shortcomings of the fakes; I can even give you pointers on where to look so you’ll be able to see these shortcomings. I cannot describe the small print of the flaw.
Once more, please use this guide as a reference solely and not as a sole means of verifying the authenticity of products. I take no accountability on how you employ this guide. This guide can not be referenced in any claim (of any kind).
If you want this information, please vote for me. If you find any flaws please share them, if you like something please inform me, should you assume I need to alter one thing please inform me.
So let’s get began :
1. Overview of all belt buckles being reviewed:
Within the above picture the buckle on prime of the white bag is faux. The opposite three are real.
Things to look for:
- Tail of the “o” at the tip of Ferragamo (have a look at the images see the main points I am leaving out) (tail leaving the top = good || tail leaving in the midst of the “o” or at the bottom or the “o” = dangerous)
- Measurement of “__Ferragamo__” engraving with relation to the place and size of object (“__ ” means empty area)
2a. It is always centered to the flat portion of the plate (have a look at the images see the details I’m leaving out)
three. Look at which elements of the buckle are shinny (chrome end) or dull (matte finish or brushed nickel finish)
- Discover what is engraved on the top aspect of the teeth flap (clean or engraving)
- Notice the type of teeth getting used (sq. or pointy) (part the holds the buckle to the belt)
- Sort of screw being used (this is not a big give away – minor element)
- Serial numbers beneath teeth plate (not all belts should have this, but the newer ones do)
- Kind of pin (the part that holds the belt in the opening) getting used (this is not a big give away – minor element) (Different variations)