I’m writing this guide to assist fellow eBayer’s identify counterfeit Salvatore Ferragamo belts. I have noticed that counterfeiters from everywhere in the world are producing better quality replicas by focusing their energies on the small particulars. With higher replicas, eBay deal seekers at the moment are at a better threat of buying a knock off.
I’m fully conscious that this information would possibly get within the wrong hands, but am nonetheless publishing this information as a result of I wished there was some type of reference for me to determine between real and pretend Ferragamo belts. So as a substitute of telling you precisely what to search for, I’ve used pictures of authenitc and pretend belts facet by aspect that clearly present the shortcomings of the fakes; I will also offer you pointers on where to look so you may see these shortcomings. I can’t describe the details of the flaw.
Again, please use this guide as a reference only and not as a sole means of verifying the authenticity of products. I take no responsibility on how you employ this guide. This guide can’t be referenced in any declare (of any type).
If you want this information, please vote for me. If you find any flaws please share them, if you want something please inform me, when you think I need to alter something please inform me.
So let’s get began :
1. Overview of all belt buckles being reviewed:
Within the above picture the buckle on high of the white bag is fake. The other three are actual.
Things to look for:
- Tail of the “o” at the tip of Ferragamo (look at the photographs see the details I’m leaving out) (tail leaving the highest = good || tail leaving in the middle of the “o” or at the underside or the “o” = dangerous)
- Measurement of “__Ferragamo__” engraving with relation to the place and measurement of object (“__ ” means empty area)
2a. It’s always centered to the flat portion of the plate (look at the photographs see the main points I’m leaving out)
3. Take a look at which parts of the buckle are shinny (chrome finish) or dull (matte end or brushed nickel end)
- Discover what is engraved on the highest side of the teeth flap (blank or engraving)
- Notice the type of teeth getting used (square or pointy) (part the holds the buckle to the belt)
- Kind of screw getting used (this is not a giant give away – minor detail)
- Serial numbers beneath teeth plate (not all belts should have this, however the newer ones do)
- Kind of pin (the half that holds the belt in the opening) being used (this is not a giant give away – minor detail) (Completely different variations)